- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in troubleshooting issues for two operating systems (e.g., Linux, Mac, etc.).
- Experience in troubleshooting with applications and in a networked environment.
- Ability to travel as required.
- Experience with scripting languages (e.g., Python).
- Effective customer service, organizational, prioritization, multitasking, communication and leadership skills.
About the job
Technical support for a technology company is a big task. As a Corporate Operations Engineer you are the go-to person for Googlers’ computer hardware and software needs, providing front line user support for all of Google’s internal tools and technologies. You troubleshoot, respond to inquiries and find solutions to technical challenges. Beyond the day-to-day, you improve the Googler user experience by contributing to longer term projects and documentation efforts. You are highly technical and are comfortable problem solving with multiple operating systems (like OS X, Linux, Windows) and a range of devices (including desktops/laptops, phone systems, video conferencing and various wireless devices). You occasionally partner with various teams including security, networking and infrastructure. You’re a fast learner and great communicator who can support the IT needs of global offices of all sizes and Googlers of varying technical backgrounds.
You improve the front-line user experience by providing on-demand user support for Google’s corporate users, resources, tools and applications while also contributing to longer-term projects.
Google is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on some of technology’s greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From Google Ads to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
- Troubleshoot and solve issues for Google’s corporate resources, tools, operating systems and applications both locally and remotely.
- Work with service owners and customer teams to plan and implement service/application upgrades and changes.
- Develop solutions to operational and user productivity issues via automation or process improvements.
- Support IT infrastructure related projects such as server or network upgrades, office relocations and expansions.
- Travel occasionally to provide IT support in distributed offices.