Almond Finance Technologies
• Analyze publicly available information, develop industry-relevant contacts and build internally-generated data to create investment mosaic, often with incomplete information.
• Estimate fair values for about 20 Consumer Discretionary companies, mostly focusing on Restaurants and Online Commerce.
• Gather and analyze industry data to develop a long-term industry vision and write notes for a sophisticated and demanding client base in a timely, accurate, insightful manner. Analyze implications of fundamental industry developments for coverage.
• Co-author reports, detailed discounted cash flow models that focus on the key drivers of the business, and in-depth research pieces, including the qualitative and quantitative analyses of your coverage’s Economic Moats.
• Develop relationships with coverage companies and industry participants by attending company events and industry conferences to enhance research and build brand.
• Act with independence and an ‘investors first’ attitude at all times.
• A bright, motivated individual with the desire to succeed in an intellectually-intense environment. Possess intellectual curiosity, a passion for creative analysis, and attention to detail.
• Ability to think broadly and creatively about a range of strategic issues affecting a business.
• Strong qualitative and quantitative acumen combined with strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Possess independence, critical thinking skills, and a passion for investing, with a bias toward long-term fundamental research.
• Sound financial modeling skills and knowledge of discounted cash flow modeling techniques. Advanced Excel proficiency is expected.
• Work well within a team and be capable of respectfully accepting and providing constructive feedback.